[aprssig] Garmin NUVI & messaging?

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Feb 2 16:24:24 EST 2011

On 2/2/2011 1:02 PM, Bill Jablonske wrote:

> Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone
>
> "Stephen H. Smith"<wa8lmf2 at aol.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 2/2/2011 9:44 AM, Keith VE7GDH wrote:
>>> Earl KD5XB wrote...

>>> If you have a 465t (and it is FMI capable), I would suggest finding
>>> someone that is using a T2 with an FMI cable and ask if you could try
>>> your GPS receiver connected to their cable.
>>>
>> This page on the Garmin website lists the FMI-capable units:
>>
>> <http://www8.garmin.com/solutions/pnd/supportedproducts.jsp>
>>
>> Quoting from this page:
>>
>> "

<SNIP>    Previous message was quoted, but no new response added.

Looks like another response from a device with an absurdly undersized keyboard
(or no actual keyboard at all)  that makes hitting "Reply" easy, but actually
entering new text difficult.    [I'm seeing this pattern increasingly on
various mailing lists.]

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net