[aprssig] off the air

Dave dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 15:26:25 EST 2011

Always best to have a "Crowbar" trip somewhere on the DC side, to make
sure the fuse blows, also protecting the valuable rig (or whatever) from
PSU troubles.  Shorted pass devices, are not uncommon.

Nothing's 100% garanteed of course.  There are commercial Crowbar
modules, also specific controler chips for such needs too.  Just add
passives and as huge a thyristor (and supply fuse) as you need.
Correctly done, no false trips from RF either.

A "Next time" job I guess?

Regards.

Dave G0WBX.

(It's a pity PC's don't fail "nicely", when a PSU dies.  I have recent
first hand experience of that!)