[aprssig] APRS-UDP portability

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu Dec 29 21:17:57 EST 2011

On 12/29/2011 9:01 PM, Gregg Wonderly wrote:
> On 12/29/2011 3:09 PM, Andre wrote:
>> APRS-UDP uses DigiNed and axipd on linux or agwpepro on windows making it
>> crossplatform.
> What would we need for this to work on OS-X?
>
> I'm not convinced that this is "that easy".  Which of the common iGate
> software platforms support multiple, or virtual TNC interfaces such as AGWPEPRO?

o    UIview

o    APRSice

o    AGW Tracker

o    APRSplus    (It's igate functionality is still useful, even though it's
mapping capability died with the end of Delorme Street Atlas 9.0 "Classic" in
2001.)

All support  the use of AGWpe.  In turn, AGWpe can support any combination of
up to 16 TNCs; either on actual physical COM ports or virtual COM ports from
USB<-->serial dongles as long as they present a KISS-like interface, -or- one
or more sound card "soft TNCs".

In the very near future, the APRS Messenger APRS-over-PSK63 sound card app will
also support AGWpe.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

*****  NEW   Precision Mapping 9 For UIview Released! *****
    http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/PMap9_Notes.htm

  Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping
     http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/UIview_Notes.htm#VistaWin7

30-meter HF APRS over PSK63
    http://wa8lmf.net/APRS_PSK63/index.htm

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths