[aprssig] IS-to-RF alternate proposal - 'marked beacons'

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 20:00:40 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suggest a simpler approach that applies a unique (TBD) character
> sequence in the comment area of a beacon that ID's it as a posit that
> needs to be gated to RF.

I was thinking the same thing.  This is the only way I've thought of
to keep from breaking other parts of the system.

All new development (after the specification of the identifier)
devolves to igate and phone-client developers.

The path of individual packets must be determined by the igate that
chooses to gate said packets; any attempt to convey # hops, etc is a
waste of bandwidth.

-Jason
kg4wsv