[aprssig] aprs-udp not aprs-is for internet to rf gating

Andre aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Wed Dec 28 16:34:22 EST 2011

Op 28-12-2011 22:21, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) schreef:
> On 12/28/2011 4:15 PM, Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists wrote:
>> As stated before, you are trying to modify the path used on APRS-IS.
>> As specified, it must be TCPIP* only.  Sorry but that is used for a
>> number of things including determining packet origin and determining
>> RF/APRS-IS clashes.
>
> On 12/28/2011 4:02 PM, Andre wrote:
>> all I need to do if set the first digi in the digipath to the call of
>> my gateway
>
> Yep, if you violate the entire assumption that an APRS-IS-originated
> packet contains ONLY TCPIP*, you can do anything you want, but as Pete
> points out, it will break something somewhere to violate long-held
> specifications.

I probably should give my version of a solution a name because it is NOT
aprs-is based but a seperate network in paralel specialy for gateways
wanting to let internet users gate to rf with controll over their path
within the limits the gateway owner has set and that could lead to
confusion.

Maybe aprs-udp is a good name because the transport layer is axudp based
and as far as the specs are concerned it is just another rf network like
10.151

73 Andre PE1RDW