[aprssig] OT: Yaesu to release digital amateur radio gear

Andre aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Tue Dec 27 11:02:00 EST 2011

Op 27-12-2011 16:39, Randy Love schreef:
> Maybe, but Vertex-Standard has a line of DMR (MotoTRBO) compatible
> radios that it may be tasking to Amateur, since there's been a recent
> surge in DMR interest in the states and Europe. Although an economical
> P25 radio for the ham bands would be great.
>
> Randy
> WF5X
P25 would be of no interest in europe, nearly all digital trunking nets
use tetra so that is where the surplus is going to come from.

I'm not convinced yeasu/vertex' is going to pull it off to beat d-star
with this, I fear it will go the same way as their repeater linking
system wires but time will tell.

still might be usefull if they make cheap data only radios as wel, that
is a big disadvantage of d-star, highspeed data is only available on 23
cm and at a high cost. wile 23cm is no problem for me the cost is.

73 Andre PE1RDW