[aprssig] Interesting Preliminary Findings on Soundcard "Soft TNC" Shootout

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 26 10:35:18 EST 2011

Steve,

 This is a well done test and report and expected based on what I know of your experience.  One question is how many good packets in a row did you consider to be at the "consistently decoding the packet burst" point?

  I'd say the 1 dB difference at 1200 baud is virtually insignificant, no?

I would have asked if you were planing pre/de-emphasis shaped tests, but you answered it already.

Not to wanting to make work for you, but an identical setup comparison with some of the Hardware TNCs would be really nice, I'm sure you'd have to admit.
--
 73, Steve, K9DCI   USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)