[aprssig] Dying Nuvi-350

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 22:03:58 EST 2011

Peel off the label on the back/bottom.  You will see the screws to remove.
Pry open case.

Go slow and you should figure the rest out.

On Sunday, December 18, 2011, Bob Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
> My Nuvi-350 now rarely even gets a fix in the 30 minutes to work.  I do
not think it is the antenna beacuse when it finally gets a fix, the signals
are good.

> The key here is the battery appears to be dead?  It runs 100% on car
power, and so I was surprised when I took it out of the car and it dies
instantly.  Maybe the internal lithimu is not charged at all when on
external power, considering the GPS is always on when it is on external
power and so it never went into charge mode?

> ANyway, without an internal battery maybe that is why it always starts
with the date of March 2007.

> I dont see any obvious battery compartment, nor obvious way to open the
GPS to repalce an internal battery?