[aprssig] [amsat-bb] Gibraltar Monitoring for 144.39 balloon

Steve Daniels steve at daniels270.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 18:20:29 EST 2011

M0XSD caught a packet from PCSAT-1 earlier today on 144.390 which confused
us for a bit.
I have over the last couple of days got APRS from the UK into NE North
America via PCSAT-1
Stations that received me AA1XD,VA2CMQ,V01BIL and VE2RIN
I did suggest to the balloon ops to put a switchable by longitude tracker in
future so 144.390, switching to 145.825 mid atlantic and 145.800 when near
Europe. But they seem to prefer using things like the Iridium commercial
system.
Which to my mind is a shame
How cool would it have been to have got a transatlantic balloon flight,
picked up by the ISS and PCSAT-1 and digipeated

Steve Daniels
G6UIM