[aprssig] K6RPT-11 Has Left The US Mainland - Europe Get Ready to Monitor 144.39

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 23:30:15 EST 2011

I see that VE3LSR-4 gated it recently from about 500 miles, so hopefully we'll be able to 'see' it about that far off the coast.

What's the radio range at 107k ft...?  My calculations show about 407 miles line-of-sight (over the horizon) to a 30' tower and 470 miles diffraction corrected radio range, it looks reasonable.

Anybody know a URL for real-time jet stream maps/plots?

Go baby, Go!

--
 73, Steve, K9DCI   USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)
--

Up to date APRS Beginner Guide - updated Apr-2011  http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net
    Click 'APRS Beginner INFO' under Contact

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
  http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/