[aprssig] Intro & A Couple Quick Questions.....

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Thu Dec 1 18:38:42 EST 2011

Hello Pat,

* Pat Cook <kb0oxd at gmail.com> [2011-12-01 22:49]:
> So my question is what command would I enter in the APRS Symbol field
> box on APRSDroid to generate a wheelchair logo icon instead of (If not
> ALONG WITH) the phone icon?  In fact, a list of them (Or a website
> with such a list) would be more helpful

/) and http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/APRS_symbols.htm have already been pointed
to. In the meanwhile, I have developed mixed feelings about using /$ as
the default symbol, as it is rather meant as a phone booth. But OTOH, it
is very easy to distinguish APRSdroid users on the world map this way ;-)

> Second.....I'm also using my phone to stream my live cam via the
> UStream app.  Now intially when I loaded APRSDroid & hit the BACK
> button, it would minimize itself to the taskbar (Like EchoLink does)
> so that it runs in the background while I run either UStream or some
> other app in the foreground.

APRSdroid only runs in the background after you pressed the "Start
Tracking" button. This is an artifact of its development history and
will be replaced with a more appropriate UI as soon as I figure out an
intuitive solution.

It is also possible that APRSdroid is terminated by the system when your
device runs out of free RAM.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask here or off-list if you have further
issues with APRSdroid! :-)

Kind regards & 73 from Germany,

Georg DO1GL
--