[aprssig] TH-D72 new Firmware

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Dec 1 16:17:18 EST 2011

I just noticed that there is new Firmware for the TH-D72 APRS ht on the
Kenwood Page:

http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/software_download.html

Updates the following features, many of which have been discussed here on
the APRSSIG:

1. Adds [Auto-Reply]-[Delay Time] as a new function. When you receive an
APRS message, operating the transceiver during the delay time will cancel
sending an auto-reply message.

2. Adds characters "AA:" at the start of any AUTOREPLY message.

3. Now the TX beep will sound not only on position packets but also on
autoreply messages.

4. Improved TX message function by adding an "Edit" function. It enables
editing of the destination callsign and sentences in received or sent
messages and resend.

5. And thankfully! This EDIT functino disables the automatic full quotation
of incoming text when using "Reply" function.

6. Adds flexibility to the TIME-OUT-TIMER

Number 4 was the biggie for me.  It had been not-fun to send a message to
someone in your MSG list.  Now you can edit a new outgoing message easily.

Bob, Wb4APR