[aprssig] iGate on an IRLP node?

Matti Aarnio oh2mqk at sral.fi
Fri Aug 19 05:29:31 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 09:20:44AM +0200, la3qma at aprs.la wrote:
> Quoting "Heikki Hannikainen" <hessu at hes.iki.fi>:
>
> >I have to say that the lack of the web server is part of aprx's and
> >aprsg's beauty. Too many programs try to become web servers although
> >they don't really need to, leading to unnecessary security holes and
> >extra maintenance for everyone involved.
> >
> >Personally, I'd much rather run a separate web server which would then
> >run a script to generate a status page.
> >
> >  - Hessu
> >

> I second that...
>
> The simple but still advanced aprx software is the advantage of this
> package. I would also prefer that aprx still being developed so that
> it is an IGATE and digipeater.

The lattest package ("2.02test") is already that.
Since then I have done a few small feature and bug-fixes:

 * Filtering of MICe position data fails.
   F4FXL found the bug on MICe parser, and provided initial patch.
 * Telemetry & beacons only on radio ports, never on pseudo-ports like APRSIS.
 * Beacon transmit only if address information is AX.25 conformant.
 * Some editing on the aprx-manual.odt/.pdf

Then my summer vacation came to ab end, and hobby projects are again
on wait status...

To present Aprx feature requests, please send them to email list:
   aprx-software at googlegroups.com

There is a filter that non-subscribers messages go to moderation hold,
so becoming a subscriber at first is advisable.

> Other "non igate/digi" features
> should/could then be accessible by scripting. Making more advanced
> IGATE/digi functions and keep the software small so that it fits in
> i.e Linksys routers etc.
>
> You can always parse the log files from aprx to get information to a
> webserver.
>
> Kai Gunter
> LA3QMA

73 de Matti, OH2MQK