[aprssig] iGate on an IRLP node?

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Aug 18 11:54:01 EDT 2011

Does anyone have a suggestion for some iGate software that will
run on an IRLP node? By their very nature, IRLP nodes always have
an Internet connection. The iGate must of course run on Linux and be
a very light weight application. It should  gate what it hears, send
messages to local stations, and not write any received data to a hard
drive as the intended destination is an embedded node without such
an animal. It has a flash drive, but I wouldn't it constantly writing
to that. There is a serial port available for a TNC. I did ask on the
IRLP support list, but I thought that I would try here. Dave VE7LTD
was working on a "receive only iGate with linux soundmodem on
a USB dongle, combined with aprx." Perhaps aprx is what I
should be looking at? I just had a look at http://wiki.ham.fi/Aprx.en
and at a glance, it sounds like what I'm looking for. Any comments?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH