[aprssig] [aprs-sig] Setting up a basic weather station

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Aug 9 13:28:35 EDT 2011

Alexander KC2ZSX wrote...

> A local club and a few members have offered some older radio VHF
> equipment that may do the trick. The Byonics WXtrak seems very
> attractive given its cost and simplicity. Now the issue is the weather
 . station itself. Any recommendations?

The WXTrak is a nice product, but keep in mind that the ADS-WS1
includes the WX station itself, wind speed and direction, rain gauge,
barometer, and temperature. The WXTrak needs a WX station to get
the data from. The ADS-WS1 is the WX station plus creates the beacons
that are sent to a radio.

While you will undoubtedly get some answers here, you may be
better off asking over on the Byonics TT3 support list.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH