[aprssig] D700 funny business - sometimes beeps when should transmit?

Mike Galgano mgalgano at nanosecond.com
Tue Apr 19 18:16:06 EDT 2011

Busy is not up, and a nearby HT with open squelch is free of APRS
traffic. This is a not transmit-attempt situation on a busy receive. It
beeps, as if receiving traffic with a different beep setting, but it is
scheduled to transmit. Not a missed digi cycle, it is a missed transmit
opportunity, signaled by a beep. I was wondering what might be broke,
and if a reset/reload will help. It should be silent except when hearing
my digi'd packet, as you noted. It IS NOT transmitting when it is
supposed to. This is not my first D700, I have experience of the correct
behavior.

thanks,

mike g
KB7PUX