[aprssig] APRS Tsunami Article

Rud Merriam k5rud at arrl.net
Sun Apr 10 15:08:04 EDT 2011

The recent ARRL article
(http://www.arrl.org/news/surfin-aprs-ing-the-tsunami) about tracking
the tsunami into Hawaii caught my interest. I would like to put together
a demonstration of this for our local first responders and a volunteer
search and rescue group. I know little about APRS and this display
software associated with it.

I've been to the main APRS site but it is like trying to drink from a
fire hose.

I'd appreciate some assistance in working on this. Maybe a couple people
here would be willing to walk me through setting this up via email. It
is not a rush project. Maybe we could document all the steps for others?

  - 73 -
*Rud Merriam K5RUD
Emergency Coordinator
Montgomery County ARES®