[aprssig] EI WX stations on APRS-IS

John Ronan jpronans at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 11:06:37 EDT 2011

On 5 Apr 2011, at 14:10, Julian, G4ILO wrote:

> I've recently noticed some weather stations in the Republic of Ireland
> with IDs EIWXnn that have apparently been gated by WXSRVR-EI. No
> amateur calls in the path at all.

> This is from a pure APRS-IS feed
> from a Tier 2 server. Should those stations be there?

Hi Julian,

They're around a while, though I though there were on a 'localonly' port on ireland.aprs2.net.

They are being injected into ireland.aprs2.net directly by a script (php I think).  In order to be consistent with other nomenclature, we picked WXSRVR-EI as the 'callsign' as they are a feed of Met Éireanns data (with permission).

Regards
John
EI7IG