[aprssig] VFO Reset WAS: Curious -bogus packets

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 19:07:24 EDT 2010

The Yahoo post that gave the command sequence I used, said that he traced it to an interruption of posit sentences from the GPS  (as in, mid string).  Another post seemed to attribute it to another cause (forgot what).  It appeared that there may be several causes for the same "OPENING TNC" lockup symptom.

I thought of trying to induce it by randomly pulling the GPS off.

Speculating, "OPENING TNC" is when the radio processor is loading parameters into the TNC 'working' volatile memory...maybe..?.?.

--
 73, Steve, K9DCI   USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)