[aprssig] The bootleggers are getting smarter

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 4 19:40:40 EDT 2010

Except they freely give their location to any willing 'hounds'.

--
73, Steve, K9DCI USN (Vet) MOT (Ret) Ham (Yet)

--- On Fri, 9/3/10, J T <w0jrt at yahoo.com> wrote:

I noticed "KA9RKT" drove from the Chicago area to central Kansas, possibly heading for A.I.R.Fest (big, 4-day rocket launch, hence the "RKT" in the call.)  Curious to see who it was I looked it up only to find that it's an unassigned call.

Unfortunately, he's also being a bit abusive, beaconing every 30 seconds with a 3-hop path before entering an APRS black hole south of Wichita.

-Jerome, W0JRT

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----