[aprssig] Xastir v2.0.0 has been released

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 23:56:32 EDT 2010

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010, KA7O wrote:

> In the "Map chooser"
>
> Choose any of the OSM_* options in the "Online" directory.
>
> If you choose the 'tiled' versions (at least), a local copy will be cached.
>
> 73
>
> On 10/26/2010 09:04 PM, Greg D. wrote:
>>
>> Hi Curt,
>>
>> Ok, v2.0.0 is compiled, installed, and running.  But, where did you hide
>> the OSM maps?  I sort of expected them to show up under the Map Chooser.
>> Nope.  Refreshed.  Nope.  Re-indexed.  Nope.  Read the README.OSM_maps docs

Did you have a packaged version of Xastir (DEB/RPM file) installed
before?  If so then you need to remove that, and probably rename
your ~/.xastir directory to something else so that Xastir can create
a new user directory that points into all the correct places.  It's
a common problem with packaged Linux binaries.  Make sure that
Help->About in Xastir shows 2.0.0 or 2.0.1 after you start it to
verify that you're running the latest one.