[aprssig] Lost Goat - APRS Beacon?

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Mon Oct 18 13:45:16 EDT 2010

Grerry Creger did cows in space a number of years ago.  I'd like to see
transmitter and antenna on collar... not perpendicular, but antenna shooting
off the side, perhaps wrapping around a little.

Not sure if byonics trackers allow for power control of the GPS, but argent
data's do.  I got a GPS from argent at dayton that is 20mm square and it got
a fix cold in less than 30 seconds.  It would be ideal to program a tracker
to wake it up once every 4-5 minutes and get a fix.  I was able to mount it
under the seat of my motorcycle and it works great.  enclosure and
waterproofing up to you.

https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=137&osCsid=873826620d11e9cdd6928a0473a85be0

Wes
---
God help those who do not help themselves.