[aprssig] Ultimate APRS digi

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 11:56:02 EST 2010

On 11/19/2010 12:41 AM, Fredric Moses wrote:
>    Our southfield digi w8fsm-3 is running on the standard 144.390 1200 baud channel like normal. We added a UHF radio/tnc. it's 1200 baud at the moment but no reason it can't go to 9600.
> --
> Fredric Moses - W8FSM
> fred at moses.bz
>

> On Nov 18, 2010, at 7:35 PM, Robert Bruninga wrote:

I'm currently visiting my mother in Haslett, MI (my hometown is East Lansing,
but current QTH is Pasadena, CA).  I have noticed that W8FSM-4 in Lansing seems
to be almost totally deaf!   I see it's beacons in my mobile with no difficulty
but can't get digipeated or igated until I am within 5 or 10 blocks of it.

(Coming from Haslett, I have to get almost to the Frandor shopping center
before it hears a 50W mobile with a hard-mount 1/2wave in the center of the
car's roof!)   Most of the time, driving around East Lansing/Okemos/Haslett,
the first digi has been N8OBU-5 near Dansville.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

=====  Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping =====