[aprssig] APRSDos Features (was: USGS DLG CD for Florida?)

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Nov 17 21:34:13 EST 2010

I can't help you with USGS for Florida, but...

>      While many newer APRS clients have flashier maps,  interesting
> bells-and-
> whistles and can interface with the internet,  APRSDos has many
> features which
> no other client does.

Having come on board long after the start of APRS, I'm striving to build
as many useful features into APRSISCE/32 as I can.  If you know of a
"must have" feature from APRSDos that isn't in APRSISCE/32, I'd love to
hear it.  If it's not already there, and not on the ToDo list, I'll add it.

I must admit that some may have a lower priority than others, but my
goal is to make APRSISCE/32 the most complete APRS client that remains
easy for the novice yet complete enough for the expert.

If you haven't seen it yet, read the (incomplete) wiki at
http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/ and chase the link to the APRSISCE Yahoo
group to join and download your own free copy.

PS.  And please don't tell me to download and run a copy of APRSDos.  I
don't have a machine left in the house that will run a DOS app.  I don't
want to see what it did, I want to know what functions it had that are
"must haves".  I don't run UI-View or xastir for the same reason.  I
don't want to clone it, I want to deliver the functions, not the look
and feel.