[aprssig] THD72 Open House HRO Atlanta

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Fri Nov 12 17:45:04 EST 2010

Back at Dayton, Bob was walking around with one of the prototypes and I got the chance to check it, take some pictures and compare it to the D7.

http://www.rpc-electronics.com/img/thd72/

I was pleased to see serial connections for both external access to the TNC and GPS, as well as a USB port for TNC access.  This version really is going to be the top dog when it comes out.

Yaesu tried to with the VX-8GR.  They have the internal GPS, as well as SOME serial access, but only for external GPS use.  I was able to use the $GPWPL output to at least write a simple logging program:

http://www.ke4nyv.com/software.htm

Jason Rausch - KE4NYV
RPC Electronics, LLC
www.rpc-electronics.com