[aprssig] d-700 and icons

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Nov 2 02:17:13 EDT 2010

Jim WA9ARB wrote...

> By the way, Keith, the D-star icon appears on Ul-View northwest of
> Madison, Wi and, as I said, on the D-700 list.

Well, I don't know what callsign-SSID is in your D700, so don't know
where it is, but it is about 260 km from WA9ARB to Madison. Were you
seeing it on RF in UI-View, or via TCPIP?

PS - there is a D700 claiming to be 9KJT-7 not too far from WA9ARB.
That wouldn't happen to be yours, would it? Is it a tactical callsign? It
hasn't been heard for a couple of weeks. If that isn't you, what callsign
is in your D700?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH