[aprssig] software

Matti Aarnio oh2mqk at sral.fi
Mon May 24 07:03:55 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 05:33:20AM -0500, Nick Pugh K5QXJ wrote:

> I am looking for a way to digipeat aprs packets using software tnc . Does
> anybody on the list have a suggestion?

Essentially all TNCs are dependent on software, but could you specify
the environment a bit?

  - A PC with audio interface + parallel/serial port for PTT
  - KISS-TNC + PC
  - Something else?

There are a number of softwares for PC hardware
  - Linux (all UNIXes, and even MSDOS): digi_ned
  - All UNIXes: aprx
  - Linux soundmodem + digi_ned
  - Linux soundmodem + aprx

  - Windows: AGWPE ?

List is probably much longer.

http://ham.zmailer.org/oh2mqk/aprx/
  - digipeater (multiple transmitters, many rx to one tx)
  - rx-igate (all rx:es are igated.)
  - tx-igate (beta, integral on digipeater)
  - beacons

> Thanks
>
> nick
>
> Office   337 593 8700