[aprssig] Proposal: Name Change for Voice Alert

DALE wa7ixk at embarqmail.com
Sat May 22 22:34:27 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Noskowicz" <noskosteve at yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 4:30:59 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [aprssig] Proposal: Name Change for Voice Alert

Proposal: Name Change for Voice Alert

One of the problems with PL/CG tones is many do not understand how they work and why they are used.
Including the Japanese when they started incorporating in HAM radios.
Their are many various ways tones can be used for different situations.
When I travel the Western states, the only voice alert I have heard is the tones from fixed ham stations. Never from a mobile.
If a mobile does not have the squelch and volume set correctly they will not hear anything or sending anything.
some one had to be listening also.
Dale