[aprssig] Beta-quality APRS device statistics (old digis?)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu May 20 10:34:05 EDT 2010

> > http://aprs.fi/doc/DeviceID-2010-05-11-17.txt
>
> I've re-run the statistics now with added:
> PSKmail, APRS, Messenger, BeeLine GPS and APRSIS32.
> ...the detection rate went from 85.4 to 85.6.

My guess is that the biggesst contribution will be the very old
digipeaters that have never upgraded in 10 years to the New-N
Paradigm.  Many early digipeaers only used "APRS" as the TOCALL.
Have you separated that out as a distinct category.

Once capturing all of those, then it would be inteesting to see
how many of them are using the DIGI symbol #...

Bob, WB4APR