[aprssig] D710 Whack-A-Mole! RE: Voice Alert

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Thu May 20 08:51:38 EDT 2010

Yup, automatic CQ... we liken it to a sonar ping.  And once you know
someone's within range, you call them on 144.39pl100.  Around our town we
call it the "hailing frequency"

I tell you what would be cool.... If kenwood would add another beeper option
that we could set to some range (usually 10 miles) and instead of hearing a
beep-beep for every APRS station, I'd only hear the ones within 10 miles.
Yes, I could probably set the max range to 10 miles, but then those stations
outside 10 miles wouldn't get plotted on my GPS.

Wes

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 07:06, Steve Noskowicz <noskosteve at yahoo.com> wrote:

> As I reviewed VA and put the explanation in my Beginner guide, I realized
> it is EQUIVALENT to an "AUTOMATIC CQ"
>
> SO..   I'll add something  tothe effect that _IF_ you don't want to QSO,
> TURN IT OFF.   Set up another frequency memory.
>
> DONE.
>
> -- 73, Steve, K9DCI
>

> > So come on folks.  When you are on th open road, available for
> > contacts, run Voice Alert!
> >
> > Bob, Wb4aPR

Wes
---
God help those who do not help themselves.