[aprssig] APRS RFID at Dayton

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed May 12 19:06:30 EDT 2010

APRS RFID will have 6 HOTSPOTS in the Dayton Buildings.
Look for a floor mat with a yellow dot and APRS in red letters.

If you have any kind of RFID tag or card, put it in your right
shoe and be sure to step on the yellow dot if you want to report
your presence.

I will have a few RFID cards with me, but there is nothing
unique about them.  ANY RFID card you might have is probably a
128 KHz ID tag will probably get picked up.  And that is all we
need is a unique ID to put you on the map.

To associate your card with your call, you just send an APRS
message to RFID from your callsign and with the card number in
the message.  If you don't know your card number, we can read it
anywhere you can find me.  Or maybe at Byonics or Argent booths
if I can stage a hotspot there.

Anyway, if you have any RFID cards, bring one with you!

Bob, Wb4APR