[aprssig] RFID tracking

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 15:07:43 EDT 2010

>From what I have read, there are current;y three main frequencies

125 KHz which is induction (close coupling) so I hesitate calling it RFid.
13 MHz
900 MHz

-- 73, Steve, K9DCI
http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/

--- Greg Clark wrote:

My wife ran in a foot race the other day, and they had a new RFID technology -- instead of a "button" that attached to your shoe, the tag was attached to the back of her race tag.

The reader was still on the ground (just the typical mat)

Someone said something about a "higher frequency" being used that enabled them no move the tag up to the body instead of down on the foot.

pretty cool!

-- Greg K7RKT