[aprssig] On the Road with PSK63 APRS Mobile -- Stations On My Mobile UIview Map From All Over North America!

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu May 6 02:44:36 EDT 2010

I'm now on the third day of my cross-country trip, experimenting with
30-meters HF  APRS over PSK63.    This page is a screen shot from my
UIview mobile installation showing the "DX" I heard Wednesday afternoon
( 5 May 2010), while on I-76 about 50 miles (80 KM) east of Denver,
Colorado.

   <http://wa8lmf.net/APRS_PSK63/PSK63_APRS_Live_Off_The_Air.htm>

I have had two-way messaging contacts with most of the HF stations
showing on the map.

VA3ROM particularly seems to have a "pipeline" into central Colorado. I
have been hearing him nearly around the clock.  Last night, I beaconed
from the 30-meter mobile about 10:00 PM local (Mountain Daylight Time)
from W0LMD's QTH in Conifer, CO (about 30 miles southwest of Denver at
about 8100 feet in the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains) and was
igated by VA3ROM on the first try.

Details on linking UIview mapping (or other APRS apps) with the APRS
Messenger PSK63 program are here:

    <http://wa8lmf.net/APRS_PSK63>

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

NEW!    *** HF APRS over PSK63 ***
   http://wa8lmf.net/APRS_PSK63/index.htm

Universal HF/VHF/UHF Antenna Mounting System
  http://wa8lmf.net/mobile/UniversalAntMountSystem.htm

  http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths