[aprssig] APRS-IS Duplicate Packets

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Mon May 3 22:26:37 EDT 2010

By blocking proper packets and passing modified packets, you are "modifying the packets themselves".  I understand that some few individuals have improperly programmed their software to strip data from the APRS-IS stream.  But that is no reason to reduce all other software to the same mistake.

javAPRSSrvr will continue to -not- modify data in the packets in any way.  It will continue to assume that trimmed packets seen immediately -after- packets with trailing whitespace have been improperly modified and the improperly modified packets will be dropped.  It will not assume that improperly modified packets trump unmodified packets as you suggest.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net