[aprssig] Q: APRSdos serial bearing formats

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sat May 1 16:07:51 EDT 2010

Bob,

Can APRSdos display both OMNI circles  *and* bearings at the SAME TIME?

What are all the serial data bearing formats that APRSdos accepts?
       In the DF.txt  doc  I see:
- Doppler Systems 300 baud, three digit.
- Agrello, DFjr  4800 baud  (%ddd/Q)
- N7LUE 2400 baud ASCII "LED" character (@, A, B, C, ... O )

}  What is the KA4IIA serial format, if it has one?
}  Does APRSdos also accept a single byte of 0-255 for 1.4 degree resolution?  I seem to recall seeing that it does.

Also are all of these under port control so that it can accept other baud rates for any of these formats?

A mobile Music-Man is getting more and more annoying in the area lately.  I'm looking for some fox hunt aids that can facilitate rapid triangulations from several hounds.  I have the math that actually calculates GPS cords from bearing intersections and am flowcharting something as well, but APRSdos is a quicker option.

73, Steve, K9DCI