[aprssig] APRS Balloon Launch in Central California Saturday With CrossBand Repeater Onboard

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 21:01:42 EDT 2010

<Repeated from caAPRS mailing list>

" From: "Don Irving" <donandpat at irving.org>
Date: March 25, 2010 10:48:02 AM PDT
To: "San Jose ARES/RACES/ACS" <sj_races at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [sj_races] Balloon flight Saturday with crossband repeater

For any of you interested in talking through a balloon crossband repeater,
the second K6RPT balloon flight will be this Saturday March 27. Launch time
will be approx 11:00 AM Pacific depending upon logistics. Flight time is expected to
be a couple hours. Net Control for checkins will be NU6P. The launch will
take place in the San Joaquin Valley somewhere approx East from the South
Bay, but the projected altitude of 108,000 ft will put it above the horizon
for most of the SF Bay Area. I will be one of the chase team vehicles with
help this time from Ray Rogoway. Here is the frequency info:

Transmit uplink for you to transmit on: 446.000, PL 100.0

Balloon repeater output for you to listen to: 146.520.

APRS on 144.390 as K6RPT-2  "

I've got my UIview APRS Webserver at:

    <http://wa8lmf.dyndns.org:14439>

set to track K6RPT-2 both via RF and the Internet.

[Normally, the page linked above shows the entire US and plots 30 meters HF
APRS activity, both classic FSK packet and the new PSK63-based APRS on
10.149700 MHz.    For the launch, I will switch to a close-in view of central
California Saturday morning.]

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

NEW!    Universal HF/VHF/UHF Antenna Mounting System
  http://wa8lmf.net/mobile/UniversalAntMountSystem.htm

  http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths

Symbols Set for UI-View,
UIpoint and APRSplus: