[aprssig] Kantronics KPC-3 ROM Versions

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Tue Mar 16 20:29:30 EDT 2010

The only significant issues on the earlier KPC-3 versions is they can't make
a courteous modern digipeater (can't perform "callsign substitution"), and
versions earlier than 6.0 won't work with a GPS receiver to be a stand-alone
mobile tracker.  They're still great for any other use, such as a home
station, or any application that can use KISS mode.  APRS, Outpost, Paclink,
BPQ32, Airmail anyone?

73, Cap KE6AFE