[aprssig] Wallops ADAMSat Launch Thurs 7-9 AM

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Wed Mar 10 18:33:09 EST 2010

> All that is needed is a Windows machine, a radio and TNC
> which
> can receive on 144.390 MHz, a serial or USB cable, and a
> suitable location. The GUI parses the APRS packets as they
> are
> received, graphing temperatures on-board the payload and
> reporting status of the mission in real-time.

One thing to point out is, the software requires a TNC that is capable of a full ASCII packet (human readable), NOT KISS.  I ran into this today when trying a test run with the logging program.  The program does not specify what the interface is, so I first tried with a KISS TNC and it did'nt work.  I switched over to a Kantronics KPC-3 in converse mode and it worked.  Anyone with a TNC-X or similar KISS only TNC cannot simply start running the logging software and have it work.

The backup to this would be the HyperTerminal solution to capture and log the raw packets.  Save this log as a file and email it to the KY guys.

Jason Rausch KE4NYV
RPC Electronics, LLC
www.rpc-electronis.com