[aprssig] APRS Messenger now has APRS over PSK-63

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Mar 1 19:54:32 EST 2010

On 2/28/2010 2:46 PM, Chris Moulding wrote:
> Following Stephen's explanation I've just uploaded a 1800 Hz version
> of APRS Messenger v2.33 to the webpage:
>
> http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/aprs_messenger.htm
>
> The other audio tones, 700, 1300 and 2100 Hz are also available.
>
> APRS over PSK-63 activity is increasing daily in Europe and the US.
> It's a quick and cheap (free) way of getting on HF APRS. The amount of
> feedback I'm getting on the program is helping development. It already
> has a TCP/IP link to export HF APRS packets to map display on
> APRSISCE/32 and RadioMobile,  soundcard selection, selectable HF
> beacon rates, VHF / HF stations heard listboxes and a lot of
> improvements over the initial version. Over the next few weeks I'll
> add GPS input to allow mobile HF tracking over PSK-63.

I'm now trying to get APRS Messenger on one PC on my LAN to connect to
an APRS server on another PC on my LAN.  There doesn't seem any way of
specifying the TCP/IP port number of the server.    I tried the
customary format of:

       192.168.1.30:14433

(the IP address and port number of the target server) without
success.     Is some other format required?    What port number is APRS
Messenger defaulting to for it's logins?

BACKGROUND:    I am trying to connect to the local server of UIview  at
the machine address above on my LAN.   This instance of UIview is using
the HF side of a KAM connected to the TS-50 to monitor conventional AX25
on 30 meters.  It produces the map you see here:

<http://wa8lmf.dyndns.org:14439>

I am monitoring the audio of the same TS50 with APRS Messenger on a
second machine.  I want to pass the PSK63 traffic received to UIview so
that the continental US map can show BOTH AX25 and PSK63 posits.     The
local UIview server can accept logins just like a "real" Internet
APRS-IS server -- I just need to get APRS Messenger to address the
desired port number.

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF

NEW!    Universal HF/VHF/UHF Antenna Mounting System
   http://wa8lmf.net/mobile/UniversalAntMountSystem.htm

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths

Symbols Set for UI-View,
UIpoint and APRSplus: