[aprssig] AGWTracker Pocket Online Map Support Beta

(SV2AGW)George Rossopoulos sv2agw at raag.org
Tue Jun 22 11:01:12 EDT 2010

Hi

Just uploaded a beta version. www.sv2agw.com/beta/AGWTrackerPocket.exe
Is just the executable replace the previous version with this one.

I added online maps. For the moment only YAHOO. From Menu Select
File/New/Yahoo enter the radius the map will cover and voila!!! It uses as
center of the map your current Lat/Lon.

A brief technical description
********************************
I didn't implement online maps because IExplorer for windows mobile does not
support JAVA. All maps use Java. Also it is a copyright violation to display
those maps (Bing,Google,Yahoo) outside a Web browser. Yahoo developed the
"static map API" which allows to download a map as an image and display it
anywhere. Google has the same feature but unfortunately the don't allow to
display the image outside a Web Browser.
So for the moment we will use online only Yahoo. Hoping and waiting windows
mobile 7 IExplorer will support Java.(I don't think so but..)

73

(SV2AGW) George Rossopoulos
Mysirli 39
54250 Thessaloniki