[aprssig] European 1750 question?

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 11:14:53 EDT 2010

Mornin' Dave,

I'm not sure what your real question is, but...

> ... we use the term CTCSS "Continuious Tone Coded Subaudiable
> Squelch", I think in the US you call it "Pilot tone" or
> "PL".

It's been a while since I worked on this, but as I recall, we called it "Continuious Tone Coded Squelch System".  I seem to remember that this was the international stantard's title.  Although I see from a current search on "CTCSS", your version is also used.

"PL" is Motorola's "Private Line"
IIR GE was "Channel Guard".

The Wiki article appears to explain pretty well, though I didn't read it all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CTCSS
73, Steve, K9DCI