[aprssig] TM-D710

Rusty Bryant rustyb78 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 16:25:31 EDT 2010

I have MobileMe and dropbox and all that good stuff. It's not helping me right now though.

Rusty Bryant
Sent from my iPhone 3GS

On Jun 18, 2010, at 15:08, Gregg Wonderly <gregg at wonderly.org> wrote:

Bob Burns W9RXR wrote:
Quoting Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv at gmail.com>:
GPS time is GMT. The D700 has a timezone setting (actually an offset
from GMT instead of a timezone).  I assume the 710 has something
similar.
Menu 526 in the Aux menu is the time zone setting.
Kenwood has manuals online; I frequently find it is faster to download
(another) copy of the manual that to find what I did with the paper
manual (or the last copy I downloaded).
I download my radio manuals to an 8GB USB drive attached to my keychain. That way, it's always with me.

If you have an Apple mobile-me account, you can place all of these documents on your iDisk, and then anywhere that you have network access, you can instantly find them on you iPhone/iPod/iPad, and it will be cached locally in most cases so you don't have to download it all the time either.  This works great when you don't have your laptop with you.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW