[aprssig] Hamfest and Local info

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jun 17 08:05:13 EDT 2010

> For a regularly occurring event,
> such as a club meeting, would you
> need to put up and take down the
> object each month?

Regularly occuring NETS and club meeting dates should already be included in every local area if the local digi is setup according to the New-N paradigm and www.aprs.org/localinfo.html.

EVERY digi is supposed to be putting out the "locally recommended APRS or Traveler voice frequency object already.  The format for that object includes both weekly NET times and MONTHLY Meeting times.  So anyone passing through the area will never be more than 10 minutes from an update on this info (When he is in range of THAT digi).

This has been the proper settings of all digis since 2004.

EVERYONE needs to check their local MAP and if their digi is not putting out this object and its attendant info, then -they- need to take action to see that it gets done.  These objects MUST be in the DIGI TNC or otherwise originated at the DIGI site in order to have no impact on the channel load.

Three can be up to 3 such objects PER digi.

Please see www.aprs.org/localinfo.html

Bob, Wb4APR

Or, would it be ok to create an