[aprssig] Additional SSID's

Chris Moulding chrism at crosscountrywireless.net
Fri Jun 11 03:34:16 EDT 2010

When a -63 packet is gated from the APRS-IS to AX.25 it's sent as a
third party packet. The -63 callsign is enclosed as part of the packet
so is unaffected by the AX.25 SSID limitation.

It's the same with messages and replies sent to the -63 station over
AX.25. The -63 is in the text of the packet not the AX.25 SSID.

I'm working at making APRS Messenger capable of "SMART" (Bob, WB4APR's
description) two way HF igating so the capability to communicate with
-63 stations via the APRS-IS and AX.25 Igates should be available in the
next month or so.

73,

Chris, G4HYG-63

--