[aprssig] Bluetooth TNCs (was SSID Standardization)

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Thu Jun 10 16:02:22 EDT 2010

One of the problems we had was the simple issue of no working KISS mode on the
TH-D7.  I'm sure there are others with similar problems.  So it's not always
possible to just stick on the appropriate adapter.  If we keep asking for
software features, the complexity goes up for the silly menus and things get
really complicated.  iPhone sized touch screens would be great UI bases for
modern radios.  But instead of putting one on every radio, why no reduce radio
costs by building in just the ethernet/wifi to serial adapters and then using
that "wire" to attach the type of "knobs" that work best for your application?

Gregg Wonderly