[aprssig] SSID Standardization

Earl Needham earl.kd5xb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 12:00:58 EDT 2010

Oops, missed a couple!

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:

> There are a lot of opinions on SSID's kinda like the proverbial
> fleas on an elephant.  We see totally different perspectives
> depending on where we are and what our interests are.

WOW!  I tried for YEARS to tell this list that conditions are different
everywhere you go.  The whole country does NOT operate like San Diego, LA,
NYC, Glen Burnie, etc., and all I got was arguing and flames.  It's
certainly interesting to see the GOoGB espouse the very idea that just about
got me ran off the list!

<snip>

> We want to minimize (if not eliminiate) the need to go
> button-pushing, or knob twisting or map zooming just to get an
> idea of what a station is when most of them are not what we are
> interested in at the momemnt.

Ah -- just out of curiosity, and with tongue planted firmly in cheek -- just
who is "WE", Kimosabee?

And -- you're not changing the spec unilaterally with no input from anybody
else, are you Bob???

7 3
Earl

--