[aprssig] Additional SSID's

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Thu Jun 10 10:19:59 EDT 2010

On 10.6.2010 16:07, Robert Bruninga wrote:
> APRS callsigns generated from other networks such as APRStt,
> Dstar, Crackberry's Iphones and any source that does not use
> AX.25 packet can have any SSID.  Objects can have any SSID.

Do we really want to go down the road of "any" again? If you say "any",
it will be interpreted by someone to mean any byte value between 0 and
255 eventually. I'd rather have it better nailed down right away.
Something like the (perl) regex [A-Za-z0-9]{1,2} could be appropriate
for the non-ax.25 SSID.

   Tapio