[aprssig] APRS Drag Racing

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Thu Jun 10 02:29:44 EDT 2010

The speed limit on the turnpikes in Oklahoma is 75mph.  My 2005 prius runs fine
through the hills in oklahoma at 75mph.  I get over 37mpg at 75 mph.  The more
interesting thing is the fact that a prius, at that speed, is all engine.  Going
up hills, the engine really sings to generate enough current.  The cruise
control stays pretty close at any speed, as there is some help from the battery
I guess.  At the bottom of the hills, I usually creep up on the larger engined
vehicles that take a bit longer to get the PID on their CC to get the engine up
to speed.

Speed is relative, not absolute.  It's only friction and the brick wall that get
in the way.

Gregg Wonderly