[aprssig] repeater objects and digipeater advertisements.

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Tue Jun 8 07:59:44 EDT 2010

Our local repeater uses 156.7 CTCSS.  The distant repeater, I dunno.  When I
first programmed the local repeater object into the local digipeater so that
it could be autotuned, I used the T designator which meant when you pressed
TUNE on the d710, it would QSY and setup the PL tone 156.7.  Since the tone
was only used for transmit, I could get into the local repeater, but I could
also hear the other one when I had used autotune.

What I figured out is that the repeater object could program not only PL
tone but CTCSS squelch too.  Now when I hit TUNE, I have CTCSS squelch on
the local repeater and don't hear the distant one.

Wes

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 00:59, Steve Noskowicz <noskosteve at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:
>
> > I just had a DUH moment when I read the repeater object docs.  In the
> > mornings when the 2m band is open I hear another repeater in the
> > distance.  But I programmed the local digi to send that repeater as an
> > object with the required PL tone 156.7.  But I'd rather use CTCSS 156.7
> > to shut out the other repeater.  Well DUH.... instead of sending T156, I
> > got the local digi to send C156 and voila, silence in the mornings when
> > I hit the TUNE button on my D710.
>
> Wes,
>
> Clarify please.  I'm having trouble achieving bit-sync with this
> description.
>
> Does the _local_ repeater use 156.7 ?
> You want to shut out the FAR repeater ?
> That far repeater uses something else or none ?
> What's the point of advertizing the far repeater as an object from the near
> Digi, with the near repeater's tone ?
>
> Then, this says that the D710 will tune and set tone _Squelch_ as well as
> just Tx Tone ?
>
> Cool
>
> However, RE one of Bob's posts, does the D710 have Voice capability ??
>

> --
> 73, Steve

Wes
---
God help those who do not help themselves.