[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 72, Issue 6

G0JXN Jim g0jxn.jim at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 7 08:58:39 EDT 2010

Hi Guys

Bob, with regard to the suggested use of a -15 SSID to indicate an HF
station, unfortunately there are digis that crossband and this does not give
any indication of the original frequency of operation. Unless of course it
was a VHF station when one of the other SSIDs would give an indication. Yes
I'm afraid there are digis crossbanding 1200bd to 300bd.

The Net14 project on 14.103MHz (KAM) uses a SSID of -14 to indicate 20m on
the basis that there will be few 18-wheeled trucks on the frequency.

Could you not allocate the 10 to 15 SSIDs to HF to indicate the band and
combine some of the other categories? After all there are icons that can be
used to show sub groups.

73

Jim, G0JXN/MB7UXN

www.net14.org.uk